Alright, I’ve committed to trying many new things in quilting this year and one of them that I’m trying out is WIP Wednesdays hosted by Lee over at Freshly Pieced:
Being a newer quilter I’ve been eyeing the Farmer’s Wife quilts that are popping up all over and have been debating on whether or not to join in on the fun…so 2009, right? I’m just a little behind the time, but then voila! Lindsey over at Happier than a Bird is hosting a Farmer’s Wife QAL that just began this month.
So, in the spirit of trying new things…I’m in! I’ve got a little catching up to do, but I made five blocks so far this week. I’m paper piecing them all (also a new technique for me!) which has delivered some awesomely precise blocks. I just might be hooked on paper piecing!
Blocks I completed this week:
Block 1: Attic Window
Block 2: Autumn Tints
Block 4: Basket Weave
Block 6: Big Dipper
Block 10: Bowtie
Hmmm…now on to the embarassing part, the works in progress round-up:
1. 1600 Quilt…this project is driving me nuts!
2. Quilting of the Bliss quilt: really, it just needs quilted
4. Central Park Sodoku Quilt: needs quilt top assembly
5. Cherish Nature Charm Quilt: needs quilt top assembly
6. Wonky Siggy quilt for sister-in-law
7. Amy Butler Style Stitches Sew-Along
8. LQS Block of the Month
1. Many Mini Modern Blocks QAL
2. Farmer’s Wife QAL
3. Amy Butler Charm Clutch
So there you have it…at least 11 projects up in the air…maybe in 2011 I should also try finishing some things I started!